Thursday, September 11, 2014

Back from our annual trip to Hawaii and I'm getting more involved with the Adoption community.  I've been reading adoption blogs, editorials, and forums and the stories are quite similar in that we all want the same end result of being parents.  We get so preoccupied with getting through the classes, groups, interviews and home studies as well as trying to summarize who we are in a birth mother letter that the wait doesn't seem important until it begins.  We've only been waiting a few months now but it gets harder to see the actual stats each month when you haven't had any messages or phone calls.
We both can't wait to be parents, as all people are who are looking to adopt feel the same but it can be the most nerve racking experience with so many misconceptions that have to be managed and explained to friends and family during the process.  I wish I could express the mixed emotions we are both going through; anxious, excited, nervous.  I want to prepare a nursery but just in case I don't/can't.  I do have a few items already, I couldn't help myself, so whether we are gifted with a girl or boy they at least have clothing to go home in, a diaper bag, and a crib so anxiously bought by my mom and grandparents for us.  My mom can't be detoured once she decides to make or buy you something, she's such a giving person.

No comments:

Post a Comment