Thursday, September 11, 2014

Our first heartbreak

We had a potential birth couple that we met on Friday.  We loved them and they us.  They were to meet the other couple they were looking at as well that evening. They'd take the weekend to choose the right couple.  It wasn't us as I got the call this morning.  Heartbreak and tears as I realized the reason was simply one we couldn't have changed.  We don't have a child to be the sibling to theirs. My heart aches but we move on and know our baby is still out there somewhere.
In our months of waiting we've not had any contacts until last Thursday and then as soon as we found we weren't chosen 30 minutes later another person is looking at us and a couple others.  That must be a step in the right direction.  In this case I'm not as hopeful as I was with the other.  Do I want it to be right, yes absolutely.  I can only say that I think the potential mom is feeling her way through it at this point and has plenty of time to change her mind and so I will not get my hopes up.
Here's to continuing to wait for the right baby (and baby's family).

No comments:

Post a Comment